- Taking time to rest.
- Joining the Visualize Value community.
My focus this week
This week my focus has been rest. I forget where I first heard this, but the statement "Pick a day to rest or your body will pick it for you" rings true to me. Its easy to get sucked up into maker culture and buy into the work 100hr weeks idea but that's simply not sustainable for most people. This past week served as a reset.
"Pick a day to rest or your body will pick it for you"
I've been thinking more about the core lesson of James Clear's 'Atomic Habits' - Build systems. Building systems and sticking to them is the best way to maintain consistency and to maintain progress, so I'm making sure to account for adequate rest and downtime in my systems too.
What I Achieved
- Took a break from making.
- Some light reading.
- Published one article for CertiFriedIT.
What I Read
- some more of ‘I Will Teach You To Be Rich’ by Ramit Sethi.
- 'On China' by Henry Kissinger. This is a bigger book than it seems, with lots fo footnotes and additional material referenced. This book will keep me busy for a long time.
- Re-read the infamous 'How to Get Rich (without getting lucky)' thread by @Naval
Something I’ve Learned
- Getting rich slowly is inevitable if you are patient.
- Consistency is by far the biggest factor in success.